View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 04:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
AFlores92
Base Member

Drives: 09 c300 , 370 maybe?
AFlores92 is on a distinguished road
Default Would you buy this s/c Z?

Hey guys I'm in the market for a Z and came across a 2012 7a/t 49k miles.
Mods include stillen s/c, transmission cooler, oil cooler, radiator cooler, sway bars, coilovers, AP brake kit, rays forged 19' wheels.
The car is on a stillen tune, all work was done by stillen in Costa Mesa. so I'm guessing it's around 400hp and 300 something torque. I have already had it inspected by Nissan they said the car is in good shape besides a couple belts need replacing but they couldn't tell me anything about the tranny or supercharger.
The car has had the supercharger for 20k miles. my main concern is the transmission but I feel like since it's on a stillen tune it hasn't been producing enough torque to really mess the tranny up. I will not be tracking the car. I would be very cautious in the higher gears With boost and not do any 1st gear pulls.

Now I have the option to buy the car for 20k because it has been repossessed from its owner by the police and put up for sale.

So my question is would you guys buy the car? Or more importantly, do you think the transmission would be fine if I didn't abuse the car and kept up on maintenance?

Last edited by AFlores92; 02-14-2017 at 04:27 AM.
AFlores92 is offline   Reply With Quote