View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 01:44 AM   #29 (permalink)
BlackCherry Z
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z BC A7
BlackCherry Z is on a distinguished road
Default Window Rattle again.. Problem solved

Well as it has been mentioned, the window rattle on the drivers door can return and has been an ongoing issue for some. This typically happens when the window is fully in the up position and disappears when slightly cracked.

The dealership was as frustrated as I was with this problem returning so quickly so a new regulator was ordered after several more attempts to stop the noise were unsuccessful. Long story short, the new regulator would have also rattled away & it has to do with the way it has been designed in it's mounting points. It is secured with one mounting screw but the other mounting point is done by using a rivet. This is where the problem arises. SO... with a bit of creative thought, some foam was placed in between that area to prevent that noise created due to the weak contact point using a rivet that can not be properly tightened. This was the explanation I got today and it seems to be correct. The rattle is totally gone and I don't believe it will ever return now. Such a PITA noise for such a simple cure! Anyways, I hope this information will help others that may run into this issue.

Next up... Time for my first oil change........... First one is Free at the dealership where I bought the Z. I also have now ordered my rear sport Factory Spoiler I have wanted to add to my base model. It's on back order though since the color I need is Black Cherry. Oh well, I can wait. After that, it's my paddle shifters.

UPDATE.... Well it's been a while and still no rear Spoiler in stock as of yet. I guess my color takes quite some time to prepare from the factory. In the mean time, my Paddle shifter parts have all arrived so I think I will get them both installed at the same time. I can go a few more miles before my oil change is actually due so I have not got that done yet. I did visit a body shop in Vegas & got some needed cosmetic things done that existed prior to my purchase.

Also, for those who use the dealership for warranty work, OMG it took around 6 tries to totally correct one issue without the technician creating another new problem. From mis-aligned window driver glass to warn out door panel clips to misaligned door seals. This is what happens when repeated tries are done to correct one issue. All is well now but not without removing a damaged part (inner side view mirror plastic piece would no longer stay in place & was taped) and replacing it from a brand new Z as opposed to waiting again for more parts after the final attempt to satisfy me & my very picky "Z".

Boy this car has really come a long way. It's really 99.9% flawless right now. I don't think that will last since no matter how far away I park from others, there is ALWAYS one wise A$$ that has the need to pull up next to me. So far, so good "knocking on wood" as I t ype!. See.... type-O

Last edited by BlackCherry Z; 03-15-2017 at 11:50 PM. Reason: paddle shifters arrived for install
BlackCherry Z is offline   Reply With Quote