Thread: Infiniti Q50 S
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebase99 View Post
Yes, and yes. I almost bought a 2012 335I (shopping for my wifes Volvo). I REALLY wanted to like it. Maybe it was the car but it was actually quite underwhelming. I had my 370 at the time and it felt NO where near as punchy as it. Ive read and heard all the accolades about the Legendary N54 Twin Scroll 335. I WANTED to love it. It sucked. Paddles sucked, seats sucked. Im trying to think of anything I liked about it. Passed up a G37 too. Wanted to love that too for obvious reasons. Felt too "tight" driving style, for my wife. Not as harsh as the BMW but close and felt even slower than the BMW, and the interior...for the money...meh. So, Im not sure what i should be impressed about a brand new Q in 2017 with a twin turbo, 300HP at crank? My 300HP twin turbo Z32 was fun though. Im sure its solid and reliable, etc. Impressive....why?
I've had the opportunity to wind out a 335I and 135is.... the engine responsiveness to me is perfect. There's a hint of lag but n/a linear. It gets good power. I'm not sure how u were underwhelmed unless your drive style is underwhelming? That said. I think the VR30 is going to be an excellent tuner engine.... but to each his own.