View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfkiddio View Post
In closing, I will say that seat time trumps all things above for a novice. Once you learn how the car reacts when it's stock, you know what to change so the car better suits your driving style.
I would say stick to this advise, you will not regret it, learn the car handling characteristics, you don't need to upgrade until you get more seat time in track. Last track day I went in my DD (stock charger SRT), there was a Mclaren, which naturally should smoke me, but the novice driver in it couldn't have better times than me, even Toyobaru twins that has good drivers was faster than him, and our track isn't crowded, so we can get some hot laps.

You have a choice of becoming better driver first, or make your car hard to drive at your level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
• Lowered 2 inches in the front and .75 inches in the rear on BC coilovers with swift springs and rubber top mounts
Search for Lift-off oversteer, and you will know why you should avoid a higher stance at back side (specially without aero). It got my attention as I just experienced it before two days

Last edited by AlWakRa; 02-13-2017 at 03:50 PM.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote