View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 12:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
210Z
Base Member

Drives: 2012-370z
210Z is on a distinguished road
Default Squeals and Squeaks

I own a 2012 370z and I've had it for about 4 months now. I absolutely love the car and don't have many complaints except for this intermittent squealing coming from my front end. I first noticed this issue when the weather was cold and I would turn the wheel maybe 5-10 degrees to change a lane. Speed also plays a role as it seems I mainly here it above 35 mph. Well yesterday was a beautiful 80 degree day and I decided to go for a drive in the Texas hills. After about an hour of twisting and turning, I started hearing this squeal but much louder. I look a bounding left turn at about 40mph just cruising and the car was making this loud squeak through the entire turn. I also heard the squeal when taking right hand turns. The sound seems localized to whichever way I'm turning. Left - drivers, right - passengers. To add to this issue, my brakes were squeaking when coming to stops (another issue I had during cold weather). I'll be taking the vehicle to the dealer but I would like to know if anyone has ideas as to what this could be. To my knowledge the car is completely stock. Thank you!
210Z is offline   Reply With Quote