View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwsrt6 View Post
I've read about the valve issue, most I've seen in the 7 liter is pre 2012, I'm looking at a 2013 if z06 or grand sport c6.. noise isn't a big issue, with the targa or convertible I'd have more wind radio and exhaust noise to cover up.. I have not seen any issues on the c7's I'll have to look into this more
Grand sport is fine it uses the LS3 not the LS7. All Z06 LS7 engines have the valve issues... lack of valve concentricity with the valve seats, and the subsequent valve guide-valve wall wear. They do wiggle tests and band aid it but that concentricity issue needs more work than what they do to "fix it"...I wanted a z06 bad until I read about this mess....I would focus on a GrandSport or the LS9 engine! That is the king of Corvettes IMOP the ZR1 ..it essentially has the more stout LS3 engine but with all redone supercar internals to handle the power/supercharger etc....but then your talking 55 to 65k and in comparison to the Z/Nismo there is NO way it is worth two times as much...( you can buy 2 Nismos for the price of a Zr1???) I am a financial planner and that did not make sense to me...
I owned a Hellcat too ask me about that POS...lol

Last edited by SINISTER; 02-11-2017 at 10:16 AM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote