View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Wilson2608
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z Sport
Wilson2608 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishka View Post
I'd like to revamp my thread real quick. I'm still having the same issue intermittently. I took it to the shop twice and they have no idea what it is.

The mechanic did mentioned that it could be either my aftermarket intake or lack of backpressure (have deleted mufflers and a Takeda short ram air intake).

Could that be the cause? Thought I would check before trying to go back to stock intake.

To reiterate, it feels as though I have spurts of fuel cut off. It's as if the gas doesn't burn for a cycle or two and then ignites in the exhaust pipe (explains the loss of power and backfiring). All this happens randomly and on random days. Are ram intakes known to cause issues like this, or does the MAF need replacing...or something?
Deleted mufflers won't be significant enough to cause issues with back pressure especially since your still running stock cats. (Which adds a lot of backpressure) it could possibly be the short rams, as many posted before a bad/dirty maf causes a lot of weird issues