View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
YzGyz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Nismo
YzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond reputeYzGyz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuel pump help please.

Hello and thank for looking.

Let me fill you guys in with some background information leading up to now.

BP v2.0 kit, no other furl mods other than what comes in the kit.

Last night on my way to work, my car broke down. I was at a intersection in neutral waiting for a safe break in traffic to tun right and merge into traffic. As I was waiting for a opening in traffic flow, the engine died. I tried to crank it a few times but she would not turn over. It was getting dark so I get towed home.

-I'm off today so I tried to investigate. My first thought was the relay for the booster cable connected to the battery must of went bad. I switched it with the oil sump pump and tried to crank her up, no good. So the relay checked out ok.
-I took out the fuel line from where it connects to the furl rail to see if anything comes out. nothing...
-I pull the fuel pump bucket and all out of the gas tank. I bench test the pump with the car battery and the pump runs no problem.
-Fuel pump fuse checked and it's ok too.

-I plug the fuel pump back up the the power harness and turned the car on. No power to the fuel pump.

This is the power booster cable I'm talking about

It's part of the BP kit. The bigger pump draws too much power and the OEM power wire could not keep up due to being too small in gauge.

I made a small cut on the red and green booster wire to see if I was drawing power in ACC. No power. I tried the multimeter with one prob on the red and one prob on the green, it read no power. I then tried the black prob form teh multimeter to a gournding source and the red prob to each booster cable. I first taped the red booster no power; then the green booster, no power. I'm not sure of what I'm doing but that's what I did.

I'm really don't know electrical so I'm at a lost. I'm thinking that booster cable is busted somehow or whatever signal the ECU sends to the furl pump to turn it on is bad. How do I test or find this out?

YzGyz
YzGyz is offline   Reply With Quote