View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #3222 (permalink)
Nithmo
Base Member

Drives: 16 370Z Nismo 6MT
Nithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond reputeNithmo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzonts View Post
Nissan made nearly 20 billion dollars. I think they can afford the risk :-)
Sure.. if they can provide a business case that makes sense to corporate and shows they can make money... because they're no longer a private entity, but one that is entirely responsible to it's share holders.

Developing a new car seems to be somewhere around the 1 billion dollar mark these days (design, testing, retooling factories, setting up contracts with suppliers, etc, etc, etc).

If Nissan was a private company, owned by one guy, yes, he would likely be like "I don't care if this car doesn't make me a ton of money... I'm a car guy and I want to give the true car fans a car they will love". But once a company goes public, everything changes. It's unfortunate, but hey, I don't make the rules.
Nithmo is offline   Reply With Quote