View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
ZipNZ370
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster 6spd
ZipNZ370 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have been researching this issue to death as I have finally experienced the "top" issues. I imagine anyone with a Roadster will at some point have to deal with it, some sooner than others. I have found that there is no consistency in failure. Some people have issue at under 30k miles, some at over 75k miles and everything in between.

What is consistent is the lack of the knowledge of Nissan dealerships and their service techs to troubleshoot and resolve the issues. And their default answer is most certainly more often than not to replace the entire top. Costing thousands of customer dollars out of pocket given that most occurrences take place after warranty has expired.

Nissan has BIG TIME dropped the ball here and I for one am beyond disappointed. I have owned 1 Sentra, 1 Frontier, 1 Nismo 4x4 Frontier, 1 Quest, 2 Pathfinders and now on my last Nissan vehicle, the 2010 370 Roadster. I have had steering column problems (replaced twice) after it went out the third time I said F@#! IT, Im not taking it back again. I searched the Forums to see what else could be done and found a solution...so far so good. Now at only 51k miles my top decides to give me problems. This is ridiculous to have these kinds of mechanical problems at with so few miles. AND to not have the support of the manufacturer and trained qualified technicians to resolve the issues of the car they manufactured which so many of the same model have the same issues is just beyond words for me.

I still have not decided if I will weather through this and keep dealing with problem after problem and not receive the peace of mind that if I take it to the Nissan dealer they will be able to actually pinpoint an issue and resolve it in a timely cost effective manner. Or if I will just throw up my hands and go buy something else.

No, you will not likely receive posts listing a reputable knowledgeable Nissan dealer in this regard.

After being a loyal Nissan customer for years, after this migraine, I will never buy another Nissan again!!!!!
ZipNZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote