View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:16 PM   #86 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you're replacing rubber (worn rubber, depending how much mileage/use you have on your car) with metal, so there's a big difference right there.

SPL uses good joints that are self-lubricating so they're durable.

You will "feel more of the road" in ordinary driving

How harsh it is in daily driving will also be affected by tire and coilover quality. Your personal tolerance level is gonna be different from everyone elses. My Z is not my daily driver, but i have good coils (Aragosta Type-S), so even with low profile (25 series in back) and all the SPL arms (still have rubber diff/subframe bushings), its very tolerable.

I got mine mainly for the adjustability. I am fairly low and have aggressive fitment, so the arms were needed.

The best way to find out is to ask around your fellow Z owners to see if anyone equipped with SPL stuff is willing to let you drive/ride in the car. Since you're in socal it should be feasible, plenty of modded Z's around