View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #72 (permalink)
Duc_Z09
Track Member

Drives: With the blinker on.
Duc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond reputeDuc_Z09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuuraRG View Post
I find it odd when I either encounter youtube videos or people questioning the practicality of driving the Z in snow. It's as if the concept of winter tires is an unknown factor. The videos tend to always have Z's in either summer or all-season tires sliding around with no chance of traction. Commentator's seem to always ignore what tires they're running and simply insist that the Z is a summer car not fit for winter driving. Drives me insane...

Winter tires go a long way. I think their real point is that a Blizzak equipped 370 still isn't a Wrangler by any stretch of the imagination. Deep snow is still going to get you, salt/calcium will still cause rust, and who wants to lose their pretty sports car because someone else who can't drive in snow slid into it? Mine stays parked in the winter. YMMV
2009 370z #206 (all mods are Home Depot)
2009 Ducati 848 (full Ohlins, Termignoni, etc)
2003 Grand Cherokee (long arms, big tires, 4.56, lockers)
Duc_Z09 is offline   Reply With Quote