View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #73 (permalink)
jliu
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z Touring
jliu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmz View Post
The Z is a great car as I've stated. It's great value for the kind of performance you get. I'm sure many car brands, including Porsche, make some comparisons to it when producing a sports car in that bracket. As far as smoking the Z, by which I think you mean 0-60 and 1/4 mile, the answer is no. If that is the kind of performance you value, then you've got a good car in your hands. But the Z also handles quite well, which is what I value more. Overall, the Z is a good package. Is it the best at it? No, but it's pretty damn good!

The Boxster provides an overall better package in all areas. Was the Boxster worth the 60k for me? I'm enjoying this car, so yes, yes it was. But I only speak for myself, it's my money and I could care less what anyone thinks about what I do with it. Cars for me and like many others are sometimes more about emotion. If I had the money, I'd throw it down on a 458 and live in a 1 bdr condo.
I have a 2014 Z and I was looking for another convertible to replace my 2012 Miata. I had 4 Miatas in my life time and I really enjoyed the overall performance of the Miatas. I wanted something different. I ended up with a 2013 Boxster S. All I can say is I don't think I can go back to a Miata. The Boxster S has all the power you want and at the same time rides like a lexus. I am older now and I totally appreciate the finer things in life.