View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 12:58 AM   #84 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Kyle at Import Parts Pro (site sponsor) got me the best deal on the SPL stuff. See his thread in the Suspension Parts sponsor section

The Tie rods ends are very, very good but if you aren't going super low i wouldn't prioritize them.

Like Rusty said, the front upper control arms are the biggest thing

Note that what type of coilovers you get will affect whether you need to get the rear mid-links or the toe arms

If you get "true" type coilovers (spring wrapped around the strut), you don't need the midlinks, you want the toe arms (there is no spring bucket needed)

If you get an "OEM" type (spring separate from strut) you'll need the mid-link arms that have a mounting point for the springs. ALSO note that its built for a 2.5inch diameter spring. Swift Springs will be a needed part of that equation, they come in the right diameter and a variety of specs. Oh, and if you're doing either mid-links or toe arms, get their eccentric lockout kit. It eliminates toe adjustment from the OEM bolts and eliminates the play in those bolts. You get toe adjustment from the arm itself (threaded adjuster)

Just get the fronts for now and you're good. Save up for the full rear setup later and get a full alignment.

I would skip any of the diff or subframe bushings unless you have damaged/worn OEM bushings until absolutely last. They make an undeniable difference in stiffening up the rear end, but it WILL cause a noticeable difference in ride quality AND the install is a complete pain in the ***. You have to drop the diff/subframe and get a press. There may be fire involved.

I did the full SPL solid bushings (and threw in some custom other ones too!) in the rear of my S14. Responsive as hell, no doubt. But it was a ton of trouble installing and the ride was bone jarring afterwards on the street. No going back at that point

Last edited by OptionZero; 02-08-2017 at 01:01 AM.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote