View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

ZiopNZ370,

Your top issue "may" have been a momentary glitch that may not occur again, then again it could. The extended warranty may be a good move in your case, after all, your ride is 7 years old now.

Read the post I made today in the Roadster section of this forum under the title "Convertible Top Blues ..Help!" concerning the 5th bow bungee cords stretching with age. This may be your issue as well (assuming you were seated in the car when dropping the top, and not watching the 5th bow and the tonneau lid). Its possible your bow jammed on the lid, preventing it closing. Its just a guess, my not being present to witness the event.

Regardless, the dealership can put their scan tool on the car and diagnose if a sail switch was the culprit, or something else in the system, should the bungee cords not be the culprit. Of course, I would do this ...after you purchase the extended warranty should you decide to go that route. Good Luck!

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote