View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 03:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
ZipNZ370
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster 6spd
ZipNZ370 is on a distinguished road

Same thing happened to me this weekend. Im a little over 51k miles and have never had a problem BUT knew it was coming at some point from reading all the problems many owners have had.

Went to put the top down and it went about a quarter of the way then stopped. The motor was still going like it was trying to complete the process. I stopped tried it again, no movement but the motor was going. So I tried closing it. It went a little bit then again stopped. I pressed the "open" button again then the "closed" button and it finally closed completely.

Now Im freaked out it will fail and get stuck so I dont even want to temp fate. No warrant left obviously, BUT I'm considering purchasing an extended warranty through Nissan...Security+Plus Gold Preferred which will cover the car for an additional 36k miles (with exception of wear/tear items).

Its going to cost over $1500 but with everything that seems to go wrong with these cars I figure its a good investment. I certainly do not have or want to pay $7000 to replace an entire top.

My best friend has a 2013 Roadster. Same exact problem. The dealer could not figure out what the issue was and kept her car for over 3 weeks. They finally had to have a Nissan mechanic from corporate fly to Vegas to figure it out. She was out of warranty and it was going to cost her $6500 to fix. She threw an absolute fit to Nissan Customer Care and they covered the cost.

Any thoughts on extended warranty purchase?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z.jpg (95.6 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by ZipNZ370; 02-07-2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: picture added
ZipNZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote