View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
SgtGoldy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: C63 AMG - LSD
SgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond reputeSgtGoldy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duh View Post
This has happened multiple times...

Pulled my '13 Z Base Model out of the garage today, drove up the driveway, and my Z was giving me quite a lack of power. I have some ideas on why it's happening, but want to see what your initial thoughts are.

Drop into 1st, start to drive and it isn't pulling even 1/6th of what she can do. RPM's slow to climb. Getting up a hill is very slow. It doesn't matter what RPM I'm at, it seems the comp is holding it back, almost like it's in a "safe mode". After driving for a bit, engine temp's at 160-180. Usually sits at 200-220.

This happens every once in a while... Maybe once a month...

I've taken the z into the local Nissan, but they said it didn't throw any errors when they ran it. They updated the software, but it seems like the problem is coming back.

If anyone has any ideas let me know!
When was the last time you pulled the codes? I would run it and check for myself if any codes were recorded. Seems weird that it would go into a semi limp mode but not post a code.

C63 AMG
LSD - Straight Pipe - EuroCharge v5 - Vossen CV7 - IG: @SuperFastYo
SgtGoldy is offline   Reply With Quote