Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Very true about the Oh $H!T factor. I had an 89 S13 w/ CA18DET. It was pretty slow when I first got it and it was pretty predictable. Add in bigger turbo, engine work, drivetrain parts, suspension, and wheels/tires and WOW. I pretty much doubled my power (not quite, but close) and when that 2871 kicked in, it did exactly that. I almost rear ended someone on the Autostrada (Interstate in Italy) on my way home from tuning. Once you get the bug, it is hard to shake it though. Some of us are stronger than others in terms of resistance to chasing the feeling that turbos expose when they come to life. I know I will be boosted in my Z one day, but I have to become one with my Z before I can even attempt to go twin turbo. I drove my S13 for about a 1.5 years before I made power upgrades and I was still shocked by the results. Do what makes you happy. Just do as much as you can to mitigate any bad situations before you take the plunge. I have never driven a SC car before, so I have no point of reference. I can tell you that the few exotics that I chased on the Autostrada were surprized that they didn't leave me in the dust though, lol. Two that come to mind are a red Ferrari F360 and a black Porsche (it just had the word turbo on the side). Both driven by Italian males that lived in neighboring towns and would always give chase or egg me on to step harder on the left pedal.

Why am I getting a Z? I have wanted one since I was a kid and it will probably make my S13 jealous. She has a 1JZ now, so she my be faster.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote