View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 12:20 PM   #333 (permalink)
TechnicZ
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z Base Sport
TechnicZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
I get it and yeah I could see this being a much more simple, cost-effective route vs a N/A build. If someone decides to offer a decent-looking hood, I'd consider the kit too. I'm just not in to the home-brew look (especially on a 50K+ car) and I no longer have time to engineer my own solution (yes, I used to make hoods). Given I also have a 7AT and not a manual, it'd actually be less expensive for me to just "upgrade" to a Q60RS and transfer my wheel, brake and suspension package over to it, add a few choice exhaust components and call it a day. Or wait two+ years for the new Z.

But I do look forward to the first G slapping this kit on. I'm just not willing to drive around with a half-assed hood after spending north of 10K on this kit and transmission upgrades. No compromise.

But I absolutely think this is a killer idea and cannot wait to see a few customer cars rocking this kit.
If someone has the money to go this route, they'll massage a budget for a hood modification or purchase the RJM solution if they come out with it. One thing I've noticed about this Z demographic is that we do our best to mod into completion. In my opinion, if you get any forced induction kit you'll be one of the rare owners that doesn't value stance/wheels/poor drive-ability over performance.