Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCherryZ View Post
well, considering many other reasons, i think the new M3s are more practical..... plus bimmer is a bimmer, while nissan is nissan - not to downplay the value of my 370z..... fyi, this is my third Z... *^^*

I do have a 2010 black cherry sports coupe.........it feels fast.......but how fast is FAST? i guess before i get too old or before i have other financial obligations, or before i get married, i just want to have a TT car...... just a wish i guess...

i am not a fan of SCs...........

just a thought.............if i were to get a TT, then crash it......... i mean with all that extra power...........there would be more probability, right?
would it not be a waste of $15k plus? its not like i am going to use it on pleasure rides or bragging right...........it is going to be my daily driver....

i guess no one thinks about crashing their Z, but an accident is an accident - you never know.....

well, definitely i would need to save money for the "oh sh-t factor."

damn...........why does it cost too much......... i guess it all depends on wants vs needs...........for now, there is no "need" factor.......everything is about wanting more power............
The odds of crashing a TT car over a SC car are higher. The reason being is that turbos kick in later and harder than superchargers. I've driven many of both types. The supercharged cars are easier to drive. Unless you're spooling your turbos, when you have that much power, the feeling of them kicking in is like driving 30MPH and then someone going 60MPH rare-ends you. You get a big kick out of nowhere and you go off flying. You need to know the car and be ready to handle it.

Superchargers ease you into the power depending on how you get on the gas. If you slam the gas, you get all that power right away, so you are expecting it, not waiting for it.

I have a turbo car still, but I'm buying a SC one now and honestly after driving both, I prefer the SC'd car.