Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
TARDCORE
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Solid Red 370Z
TARDCORE is on a distinguished road

People always seem to ask the question that OP did. I COULD have saved a little longer for an E92 M3. I COULD have saved a little longer for the Vette Grand Sport. Hell I COULD have saved for the next 2 years and bought a Z06 with lower payments than I have on my Z and been totally happy and not even think about modding it. Point being, you spend about $36K on a car, put another $4K into it for a few bolt ons and misc stuff, oil changes, auto care products, etc. At this point you want more power but realise you have spent a ton of money on a car that your not happy with. Then your like "wa wa wa I want to go FI but it costs a lot of money to DO IT RIGHT, I should have just bought a cheaper car and boosted it for less money or bought a faster, much more expensive car". If you buy a 370Z and your not happy with the power it has stock, all that means is you KNEW you weren't gonna be happy before you bought it. I mean seriously don't compare the Z to cars that are not direct competitors. Your going from 2 extremes, a much slower S2K to a much faster M3. If all you care about is power, buy a cheap 1992 Honda Civic EG hatch, K20/K24 swap, strip it down, boost it, and if your a good driver, have fun smoking cars you never thought you could for a low price and all the ricer comments you could imagine! I will enjoy my Z along with the attention it brings me, both unwanted and wanted. Key word there - enjoyment. Wether bone stock or in a full race stage of development, I will enjoy it. So don't buy it unless your 100% convinced. A car purchase is like the 2nd largest purchase you can make in your life right? The first is getting married or something like that.