View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 11:20 PM   #1460 (permalink)
Optimiser
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z MT
Optimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond reputeOptimiser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dyno results from Air to Air upgrade!!!

Well finally after months of waiting for and stuffing around with parts from the US and lots of $$$ my shop has finally completed my A to A upgrade!
Some things to note were that the Stillen fuel pump ran out of pressure when engine was at 5500RPM and was replaced with a 340LPH pump. I've ended up using a 3.00" improved traction SC pulley, stock jack shaft pulley and a 2.80"improved traction serp pulley, giving me 10PSI. I replaced both the SC and serp belts and used the extra idler pulley (with special spacer), that was supplied to me by the most helpful and friendly "TBatt". This is to try and stop any belt slippage on serp side. I am also using the Tial BPV.
The Stillen fuel injectors did not need replacing and I'm using BP "Ultimate" 98 RON fuel which is the best you can get here in Australia. The injectors didn't max out and are fine with my current tune. I'm also Uprev tuned and using the stock MAF's, so no SD tuning on this. The dyno is a "Dynapack chassis dyno which are popular in Japan. They are the "static" ones where your (driven) wheels are removed and connected to a unit that spins a hydraulic pump/motor. The wobbles on the dyno graph's lines are due to the Dynapack's sensor which fluctuates a bit in hotter weather (it's middle of summer here down under) and is therefore not at all to do with fluctuations with the engine, so ignore them. The tune is very stable and smooth and the engine idles perfectly.
Overall I was hoping to get a bit more power than this, but around 450 (safe) WHP and about 352 wheel torque, it's still great and I'm happy. I'm also glad it's all over and I have my car back finally! You can see the before (Standard Stillen setup) and after (TopGunz A to A upgrade) results on the dyno charts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ait to Air Dyno (Boost).JPG (662.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Ait to Air Dyno (Numbers).JPG (693.6 KB, 76 views)
Optimiser is offline   Reply With Quote