View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 06:47 AM   #43 (permalink)
shadow85
Track Member

Drives: 15' 370Z A/T AMM TT
shadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond reputeshadow85 has a reputation beyond repute

How did i miss this thread for a few weeks? I am in the middle of planning my boosted 7AT build from scratch. So a thread like this is very important to me, I havent bought a TT or SC kit yet, but I have been very keen on an AAM TT Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt8Che View Post
I was at 500.51 awhp and 430.27 wtq on a GTM twin turbo kit. I sent the transmission to Level 10 a handful of times to get their "bulletproof" package. After a couple of transmission volleys they decided to check it out and asked for the whole car. They figured out it was a tuning issue and it's been running great since I've had it back.

I'm currently wrapping up the final stages of the build and am hoping for a good whp and wtq increase over the past numbers.
Hey Lt, so what exactly was wrong with the tune, was it something to do with line pressure? Who did the original tune that had something wrong with it and who had to fix the tune to make the AT run better, was it LVL10 or the original tuner? Would like to know this so when I have my Z tuned after the forced induction build I know what I must tell my tuner.

Im a bit worried that you had to send your trans a handful of times to LVL10 to get the "bulletproof" package. I would have thought you would only need it once!? So are you saying that even a bad tune can kill a bulletproof trans??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KN21283 View Post
My AT was done after 4k miles at 380tq. Level10 believes the boost from turbos come on so violently the AT just couldn't handle it.
Hmm, this is what concerns me. Makes me want to drop my FI choice from TT back down to SC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by future370zzz View Post
I'm trying to stay below the 400wtq level on the car. I'm at 335wtq now and it's fast enough. If I can get it to 375wtq and 470whp I might be satisfied.
So if I still choose a TT kit, can I get Seb to eTune my Z to stay under 400wtq?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
There are a couple of guys making big horsepower on 7AT built by FI (have no idea if its similar or the same as level10).

620whp: Forced Induction Finished Builds

660whp: Forced Induction Finished Builds

this info came from the FI Finished Builds sticky
I spoke to FI recently. They told me their record breaking 677whp 7AT Z had the following trans upgrades:

Exedy Clutch packs
FI CNC Flex Plate
Custom Shim plates (in-house job only, not sold outside of FI)
19 Row Trans cooler.
Engine and Transmission tuned by Seb @ SpecialtyZ
I am insure if they had a VB or TQ converter upgrade, I forgot to ask FI.

I am interested to know what the shim plates are. But I think I remember LVL10 saying it is included in their rebuild kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer099 View Post
Level10 updated their site with the rebuild kit for $998 for the JR710E/RE7R01A tranny.
Looks like the Infiniti 7AT rebuild kit is $200 more than the Z 7AT rebuild kit.
BULLETPROOF KIT 370Z

Is that because the Infiniti is AWD or something? But the trans have thr same part number.

Inspite of all this. My plans for the trans after it gets boosted is to:

Send my VB in from Australia to LVL10 for the upgrade
Either purchase the LVL10 rebuild kit or just the Exedy Clutch packs and get a local trans shop to install them
Get my TQ converter upgraded locally
Trans cooler
Have engine and trans tuned specifically to survive (hopefully)

Wish there was a cheaper way to strengthen the 7AT. I think all of the above is still going to cost alot more than a few thousand

Oh and, another thing I was hoping someone could find out for me as I asked in another thread, is if the JR711E/RE7R01B transmission could replace the JR710E/RE7R01A in the 370Z. The former has a higher torque rating so it maybe cheaper to just swap that in if it fits. Perhaps somebody could ring LVL10 for me and find out if they know?

Last edited by shadow85; 02-03-2017 at 07:14 AM.
shadow85 is offline   Reply With Quote