View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #193 (permalink)
Chasedixon21
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z manual
Chasedixon21 is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd time in the shop for this GOT VIDEO THIS TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicster View Post
IMO - This is a known problem in the Z34 and it is documented and has been reported several times over. You shouldn't need to pay a dime for them to be replaced since it was some sort of manufacturing defect.

FYI - I have had zero issues since having my replaced about a year and half ago and I've put about 25k miles on it since then (I think). Which, if I recall correctly, is more miles than when I first started noticing issues when she was brand new.

Any how, good luck getting things figured out. I personally know how much of a PITA this whole ordeal can be and I really hope your extended warranty will cover the parts if Nissan won't cover it as a known defect.
okay guys this is the 2nd time in the last week my car is in the shop for the same thing. Last time I was in there they told me they cleaned off the throttle body position sensors since they could not find a particular code stating the problem and since I had no video proof I took that and went on my way. This issue always starts out the same, ill get in the car start it everything seems normal I take off try to accelerate in 2nd nothing at all. ill finally get up to speed to go into 4th and then ill try to downshift to 3rd and when blipping the throttle I got no response AT ALL. repeatedly over a 10 minute period so I made 3 videos of it to document the problems and show Nissan exactly what's going on. They have provided me with a rental car for the day while they figure it out. This has been an on and off again issue for the past 5000 miles or so on my car, which is a 2014 base model 370z with about 36k miles, with Stillen HFC, Nismo S-Tune Y pipe, and AAM Short tails I have video I will post up once it gets uploaded to my google one drive. If anyone watching the video has had identical problems please comment or post.

Last edited by Chasedixon21; 01-30-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Chasedixon21 is offline   Reply With Quote