View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 05:05 PM   #48 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTER View Post
No second choice...I have come full circle.

I used to own a 350z, then a Corvette, I then got a 2015 Hellcat and it took me 4 months to get sick of it and sell it. ...I will tell you why:
1. They have superchargers with bad bearings that Dodge is changing out if your on Warranty but its a weak link and many that get them changed out have problems again ... you get off warranty will cost you over 12k because they are sealed for life units.
2. Huge, heavy, wide, long = horrible handling.
3. Great drag racer? Well.....they have 275's on the rear. You spin more than anything else...unless you put some street drag radials..and if Dodge finds out...they can void your warranty on your differential (which also is a weak link) or DS.
4. Cost...seriously for that much money you expect perfection...this thing should be a stallion but its just a big burnout machine.

So glad to be back in a Z purchased a 2011 w/only 18k miles for 1/3 the price of the Hellcat and in every way ...to me its better.
The 370 gear/weight/power seem more than enough for the street at this point, its essentially 90% of a cayman S for 1/2 the price.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote