Thread: Ecutek Tuned!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
zyal8r
Base Member

Drives: 2016 Nissan 370z STP
zyal8r is on a distinguished road
Smile Ecutek Tuned!!!

*SKIP TO BOTTOM FOR CUT AND DRY REVIEW*

Hi fellow members, didn't happen to spot another thread in detail as much as I plan on going into. Firstly, I'm a noob to the forums and don't even know if I posted this thread in the correct subsection or if it's just general. Anyway, now for the meat and potatoes.

Upon pickup of my 2016 Nissan 370z Sport package, I began the mods almost immediately. I've owned the car for about 6 months now and I'm pretty much FBO + tuned. Stillen Gen 3, HKS Hi-Po CBE, and Z1 test pipes were the breather mods I did. Now for the tuning.

I took my car over to JTran Motorsports in Houston (north part) for my Ecutek tune. Although their dyno was unavailable, Johnny knows his stuff as he concocted a great tune while just testing on the streets. I let him know my driving preferences (I'm picky) and he hooked me up. The first day of tuning, I did a few test runs but apparently not thorough enough as I found out later, on my 1 hour drive home, that power was slightly dipping in midrange rpm. Took it back to him the next day, he tweaked some stuff and not only did the car run perfectly, it pulled more so like a bat out of hell than it did the previous day. Johnny told me once their dyno is up, I can bring it in for the numbers / final tweaking free of charge.

REVIEW: My mind is blown that some bolt ons and tuning can work the wonders it did. The flat foot shifting has made my shifting as close to a DCT as a manual transmission can get. The adjustable launch control has accounted for a very efficient launch as all I get now is slight wheel chirp on an un-prepped surface when launching at 2500 rpms (relatively new tires. 285's in rear). Throttle response has become considerably enhanced. Not too much, not too little throttle. Seems to be a perfect medium. The car pulls so hard even from low RPMs as the tune now allows 100% throttle at low speeds when WOT. I have yet to dyno the car, however, I baselined at 305. Stock quarter mile track time was 13.8 @ 102 and I have yet to go back after the tune. Will be going tomorrow however to do the quarter mile (Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Tx). Will post update if/when I go.

If you are teetering between tune vs no tune, all I can say is that the tune (coupled with the mods) is the greatest mod I have spent my money on for this car. Circumstances permitting, you WILL NOT regret going Ecutek tuned. If you're in Houston, you are doing ourself a huge favor by taking it to JTran motorsports off Veterans Memorial near Cypress.

Thanks for the read, hope you all a wonderful night!
zyal8r is offline   Reply With Quote