View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 10:23 PM   #53 (permalink)
charnathan
Base Member

Drives: 14 370z Nismo MB M6
charnathan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiLLoZ View Post
I like the version where it is behind the cubby box that looks like the nav system because i have one like this last pic you have and sometimes the sun blocks the visibility of the tablet, so i like the style of the nav system that is behind so that that doesnt bother me and looks more stock imo.
I wonder what the actual nav bezel looks like to see it's mounting locations.

I couldn't account for the same design concept because I took the cubby out and measured it to set-up my design in my CAD program (SOLIDWORKS for those wondering).

Since it's really a 3 piece design (the face plate for the radio, the cubby, and the center console), it's hard to accurately account for the design unless I had a 3D Scanner or if I made custom fabrication combining all 3.

When people are designing things like car parts, they are designing it in reference to each component (or Top Down Design Method) to make sure there is a proper fit.

And from every version I've seen, with the design you described, they end up using small screens (most likely around 7" max). Not sure if it's because of screens they can get or if the top portions of the radio face plate, the pieces i say to remove, are in the way.

It is something to keep in mind, if I make a version 2.0 of this design though.
2014 Nismo #0614 Magnetic Black (stock for now...)
charnathan is offline   Reply With Quote