View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
SG4247
Track Member

Drives: 2010 touring
SG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive built several N/A V8 engines that produce over 1000 hp.

If all your goodies noted were my stuff, i would install the heads and cams as is, with ARP studs. I would consider Cometic head gaskets too if they are an option. I would try to determine if piston to valve clearance is a concern while Im at it.

Install your headers, intake and stuff, and then go right to the dyno with the fuel you intend to run.

I would then tune the fuel system - pumps and injectors to support what the engines needs to make good power. A couple of easy dyno pulls will tell you if your current fuel system will support.

Just because the valvetrain will go 9,900 RPM doesnt mean the motor will make power up there. So, I tune my engines to produce the highest flattest torque curve possible. Based on that curve, I then decide what RPM range I will operate the engine at. Tires, gears etc are then based on that.

Torque moves the mass of your vehicle, HP is just a numerical result.

If you dont dyno tune it, then there is just alot of guessing to do, and usually time and money wasted.
SG4247 is online now   Reply With Quote