View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 09:08 PM   #118 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
What exactly do you mean by "tip of the iceberg"? Honestly other than the fisheye spots, which there were only about 4-5 and only on the A-pillars, there were just a few other blemishes. Other than that the paint job did look perfect.

The messed up thing is that they pulled in a brand new red 370Z that was on sale on their lot, and we found similiar blemishes in the clearcoat, just not to the extent that was seen on my original paint job. I think that if any of you guys pull up under some good florescent lighting you are going to see similar imperfections in the clearcoat, just hopefully not to the extent of my original paint job.
There was one very small and hard to see stain, similar to what you're describing, on the hood of my red 370. You could see it only when the light shined on it at a certain angle. I thought it was a tree sap stain or something. Unfortunately, I didn't detect it until I got the car home. Took it to another (closer) dealer a few days after delivery and they promptly and courteously "repaired" it under warranty. They used wet sand and other techniques I know nothing about, except that the car is now absolutely perfect without having re-painted the hood. Fair enough.
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote