View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 06:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
mattross1313
Base Member

Drives: 2017 Nismo
mattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond reputemattross1313 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Matt's 2017 Nismo Blog - 'Gizmo'

Morning Guys,

I wouldn't really call this a project thread, or a build thread, more of a place for me to keep a log of the things I do to the car over time. Won't really be anything too extreme but I do like to keep my hands busy with little things over time, and like to add custom / DIY pieces where possible.

So last week I was lucky enough to pick up my 2017 Nismo Z in pearl white. My first ever brand new car so it was pretty special! My OH works for our local Nissan dealership which gave us access to a very attractive deal!

Prior to collection I had the car taken down to a wrap guy I know for paint protection film (front end and roof), window tints all round, and gloss black A Pillars. Once that was ready the car went back up to Nissan for me to collect.

First thing I did to the car was remove the front Nismo arch trims. The rears I am still un decided on, but the fronts looked way to stuck on for me! Looks great now.

Then swapped in my GTR Start button from my old Zed.

Popped my lucky mascot in the centre console

Saw these opaque decals on eBay so had to get them as they said Nismo! haha.

Picked up some ART Test Pipes before Christmas in readiness for the new car, and got those installed over the weekend. Still waiting for the exhaust to soot up before I make my final decision but its still pretty quiet. I was hoping to keep the Nismo CBE but may have to change that in the future.

Latest touch was some red tint film over the clear sections of the rear lights. Looks much cleaner now I think.

I still have a heap of stuff at the office ready to fit and will try and keep this up to date as I go along. But so far I am over the moon with Gizmo. The kit, the seats, all the little touches compared to my '09 Z are just great!

Last edited by mattross1313; 01-25-2017 at 08:18 AM.
mattross1313 is offline   Reply With Quote