View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 08:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
Duuuudes!!!!!
It has a piece of mylar between the layers of cloth. Mylar is used as an electrical insulator. The cover could definitely be blocking the FOB signal.

....particularly if the battery is low to start with.
.... or just like a flashlight where the batteries are dying - it lights when you turn it on & then it gets dim. Turn it off and wait for a while & the flashlight does the same thing again (light to dim).
Mylar is a dielectic, but not an RF insulator.

As for an update, I have none since I've not driven my car since they started salt/sand the roads - around late November. It'll be next month before I fire it up again at the earliest, and even then it may only be to change the oil as that's when I plan on doing all my vehicles (they get changed annually)

Sorry...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote