Thread: VIS AMS CF Hood
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Great guy, pretty good fitment. I'm pretty happy with it, I gotta say! I just have to remove some of the tape residue and it'll be pretty much done.

Photo Album for it:
https://goo.gl/photos/MCm2kZQqSeFi6kHV7

Issues (Mainly cosmetic, invisible to anyone not specifically looking for it):
It is raised about 1/16-1/8 inch on the passenger side
The gap between the hood and the headlight on the driver's side is maybe 1/16 inch bigger
They didn't punch out the hood strut hole well enough, so some paint came off (easy fix)

Things that I did:
I can't get the two rubber cylinders back into their spots (pictured in my hand). Can I order some better fitting ones or should I just try to screw those ones into the new hood?
I broke the nipple on the passenger side windshield wiper dispenser. Are there any recommendations or tips on how to transfer those things to the new hood? Those tube clips suck! lol. Also, can I get the replacement windshield fluid hardware at an auto parts store or do I need the dealership

Thing I wanna do:
Paint the vents black

I appreciate you guys coming along for the ride and all the tips!
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote