View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post
Hello. I have a few questions regarding the Powertrix coilovers. I had these installed about a month ago and so far, they've been great and nothing short of amazing, but I'm having trouble with the damping settings.

The issue is with the adjustment knobs, as the clicks seem to be off on some of the shocks. Example, I thought I had set all dampers to a 7 level (7 clicks from full soft) but when I dialed them all back to 1 (softest), it took less clicks on some of the shocks and more on others to get back to "1". I then noticed that sometimes the click is barely felt and/or is very short or long, making it difficult to accurately dial them all in to the same number.

For now, I decided to set all of them to "softest" which brings me to my next question. Should I leave the dampers at this low setting? What are the pros/cons when it comes to spirited driving and canyon carving If I leave the shocks soft? should I compensate adjusting other suspensions components...like stiffening front sway bars, more neg camber?

BTW, The springs are Swift 12k front/11k rear
Can't say I've had that issue on mine, every time I adjust them they are where I left them last. I will say the rears have 1 more click than the fronts (fronts have 15 and rears have 16) not a big deal. I count from fully closed out so my rears are 1 click slower than front which should help with brake dive and rear wheel traction on turn exit (but at current settings for street I wouldn't push the car to where it matters). As far as having issues by setting them full soft your just going to allow the car to transfer weight faster in terms of handling as well as allow the wheel to follow the ground easier so it will be smoother over ripples and uneven surface etc. I suppose you could use the sway bar to counter the roll but it's still going to initiate quicker and too stiff a bar can possibly break traction sooner. Probably easier to just slow the damper down for when you want to actually have spirited driving, use the sway bars for over or understeer and just open the dampers up for day to day driving.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote