View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about
Default Tire Mounted Cattywompus

Hi all,

So I am having some interesting problems with my wheel/tires. (Tire rubbing on CS fenders with Moonbeam).

I took the wheels off to measure the backspacing and was immediately confronted with a puzzler. Probably not so much a puzzle as I think I know the answer but, just want to get a sanity check.

My front tires seem to be mounted offcenter. Wait, bear with me. The bead/lip on the outside of the wheel extends about 10mm past the edge of the wheel lip. On the other hand, on the inner side, it extends 1-2mm.

The guys that mounted it noted that mounting the front two tires had been a PITA, but that they´d gotten it taken care of.

The tires themselves are 285/30r20 Michelin PSP mounted on a 10" wheel. Which according to tire rack is the measured width for the tire. So I know it´s not the wheel or tire themselves. Gotta be a bad mount job, right?

I don't claim to be a guru of any sort so I am posting on the off chance that this might be normal for some tires. Thoughts?