View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 08:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
AntiVenom
Track Member

Drives: 2011 KAD 6MT
AntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura aboutAntiVenom has a spectacular aura about

started work late today just so i could go out and measure a few things. i adjusted the camber out on the front wheels to roughly 1.75* camber (i figure this is the minimum i would ever want to run, max would be like 2.5*). The rears are at roughly 2.0* camber.

I measured from the inner lip of the over fenders (obviously this could be trimmed some but ultimately the top of the tire needs to clear that, so that's why i measured from there).

Front (looks like about 25mm too aggressive)

Rear (looks like about 30mm too aggressive)

*sigh*

as mentioned I am going to get it aligned before sending the wheels back to get rebarrelled but I am just shocked at how far off the offset recommendations were. at *most* we are talking about 0 offset wheels, which is fine, i picked the moonbeam kit because i didn't want something overly aggressive, but also WTF?!

On the off chance that Strasse built the wheels to the incorrect specs I am going to take them off and measure the the offset. Something just isn't adding up.