View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 01:59 AM   #38 (permalink)
King
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370Z Pearl
King is on a distinguished road

Faceplate finished, next was to mold the actual box. There were some obstacles to this. Some Items located in the space I wanted my box. I haven't really seen much addressing these.
Mainly this Guy:

Which for the life of me I couldn't find information on. After google searching all the part number codes on it I found the website of the manufacturer. All in chinese. Google translate let me find out that is is the brain for the Voice control of the Handsfree system on the newer 370's, and also possibly the Antenna. I tried disconnecting it completely, Everything worked Fine, except the steering wheel controls. Damn. I guess it needs to stay. So i unbolted everything, glued in some foam padding, and wedged/zip tied it down as far in the corner as I could get it.

Also this Thing Labeled Siemens so I assume it is for the Security System. I relocated to the other side of the strut brace.

And the Manual Hatch release. which is in a really dumb spot from the factory, that you can barely reach without disassembling the whole interior. I relocated it to be accessible through the Car Seat Anchor hole in the carpet.

King is offline   Reply With Quote