View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

I was only in the market for a used Z, so my selection wasn't as grand as other posters:

Camaro SS — too common (albeit maybe they're mostly R/S models), the recent revisions would make me feel like crap about buying an older model.

Challenger — over time it was SRT or bust. Incentive was that my dad likes the car and might've chipped in, but at the same time I'm not for "sharing" a car

Cayman — S in the budget wasn't happening. Didn't want to find myself buying a Cayman for the sake of having a Porsche. I assume many Boxter owners are like that. Didn't want to take on the presumed expenses for a car I "settled" with. IMS-era models were the only ones in my budget too.

New Miata — Possible lead time and how it was on the upper side of my budget (not to mention the RF model I lusted being way out there) cut it off. Knew I would've also wanted to do something about the power sooner than later.

New(-ish) BRZ — this was very possible. It surely would've been "settling" in my mind, but if I couldn't find a preferred car at the right price this would've been it. It was a last option because I felt I could get so much more (used) car for the money.

Not really fair to judge this in hindsight, but in my particular situation the Z was just miles ahead in being a deal. Package and condition for the money were so hard to beat.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote