View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 07:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Larso1. And yeah, I'm an old guy of 68, with a lot more caution in my old age than the younger generations.

I read the line, "I need the car to go to college" and immediately BIG flags went flying up.
The strong possibility of having to walk and watching money disappear like a bank robbery if things went wrong, is just not something I would ever attempt or suggest to anyone in that position.

Now, someone with deep pockets, other cars in the stable to use if something goes wrong, that's another story.

I followed the online forum TwinTurboNet for the 90 - 96 300ZX's for years when I owned a 1990 300ZX NA (sold it after 18 years of ownership when I bought my present 370Z). There wasn't a week that went by that a newbie would post that he'd just bought a 300zx NA and wanted to turbo it.

The answer that was thrown back every time from the forum membership, was to sell the NA and buy a twin turbo. Don't even try to do a turbo setup yourself. If you want a turbo car, .... buy a factory turbo car.

But, its your car, your pocket book, its a free country and you are permitted to do whatever you want short of breaking a law. So, should you want to go ahead with your modification, its your decision alone. But its not something I would consider wise, or ever consider doing myself.

Last edited by gbhrps; 01-22-2017 at 07:29 PM.
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote