Thread: VIS AMS CF Hood
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Default VIS AMS CF Hood

Hey, so I'm not exactly sure where to put this, so I apologize if it's in the wrong spot. I just got off midshift and I'm real tired...

So I am purchasing a VIS AMS style carbon fiber hood from a dude on the Palmetto Z Club Facebook page tomorrow. I like the hood style and the carbon fiber look, it's normally around $800-900 after shipping and this guy has it for $700 brand new, never installed and is really close by. The reviews I've seen for this hood talk about all the fitment issues that I could face since these are apparently notorious for that. I asked the person if I could test fit the hood but he said that he does not have time for that. I can't fault someone for not wanting me to install a body piece before paying for it, so I'm definitely not hurt by the negative response. With that said, is there any advice you guys could throw me with regard to buying the hood? For example, other ways to ensure it will fit, any marks of authenticity I should look for, signs of "this thing's gonna break as soon as I install it," etc.

It's not that I don't trust people, I am just a little nervous about shelling out that kind of cash for something that may not fit properly. I've also somewhat little experience with buying things from people via forum, Facebook, etc.

The guy said he bought it for his Z but before he installed the hood, his wife and him decided to get a bigger vehicle.

Thanks a lot in advance for any input, I really do appreciate it!

-Brett
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote