View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Well we had some nice weather today, so I decided to take advantage of it, and get some of these parts installed. At least no one is surprised anymore by me taking apart a brand new car.

First up was the new shifter. Hardest part about this honestly was getting the audio connectors disconnected. Once I figured out I could easily get to them by removing the cup holder, it went in no problems.

OEM shifter just before removal:

I ended up using the piece to hold the shifter boot up as a finishing part on top of the boot. Underneath I'm using some half inch silicone hose and a half inch washer to hold the boot up. As well as another piece of silicone hose to solidly locate the boot on the spacer. Honestly I think TWM should include two of those black pieces, it would make the kit a lot nicer. Had I known I would have asked for two, even had I needed to purchased the second one. Either way I think this way it looks more finished.

OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote