View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Follow up as I got more of Seb's services recently:

>Originally got an OTS tune on my setup which was pretty much filters + tubes. Car drives pretty much how it should've from the factory as far as throttle/engine behavior goes.
>Did a Nismo Exhaust swap. Couldn't be sure what I gained or potentially lost. Sound was off too.

And so I opted for remote data logging. Pleased with the results. 3 maps increasing in aggression (and I think still Valet). TC disabled depending on circumstance.
For the money, especially since I can't DIY a lot of installs at my place, it's pretty good value, even if your car is stock. Your can always data log later with mods. The improved throttle response/sensitivity does wonders even for normal drivability. That, above anything, is what I can't do without.

A recap of the process: Once you have everything downloaded and initialized, he starts off with idle+cruise+WOT logging. From there he just carefully makes a more aggressive tune with each update until the logs return indications of knock correction on pulls. There's always a conservative map to switch back to in between updates.

I would always suggest doing a legit dyno session if you can, because not everyone has the right place to keep doing 3rd gear pulls (believe it tops out at 90mph, and ideally you have to start at 2500 rpm) with each update, and more elaborate builds are much safer to do in an isolated environment in general, but this is a very nice alternative if you have simple bolt-ons. Get to go at it on your own time, and still an iterative process under real life conditions.

Overall Seb's service is top notch. One way or another he'll usually have an update ready by the next day or two. Keeps the messages concise so every thing is clear in the process, but he's a nice guy. If I lived near SZ they'd totally get my business.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote