View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
DreamyRelief
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
DreamyRelief is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
It's just already a very efficient engine. Intakes, exhaust, TPs and tune are good value for sure. But the supporting mods for high NA hp are expensive and limited. Look up 1slowZ's NA build (edit* here's a link: World Record NA VHR Build).
Just skimmed through his build good lord.....I wonder how much he spent on it. But yeah I guess it does make sense that the engine is already an efficient engine stock. Funny thing is, I've never once seen vq37hr advertised as a good engine. It's always 2jz, ls1, k20, n54, etc etc...

Quote:
If my budget was limited, I would probably just stick to testpipes/catback and intake - or save the cash for a used stillen SC or something. Seems they go up for sale all the time and you could be modestly supercharged for 4-5k, with a path forward (air-to-air intercooling, fuelling upgrades) for more if you wanted in the future. I have also seen used BP kits go up for sale in the 5k range.
How reliable is a Stillen SC? Last time I looked into their SC's they were giving people issues.

Quote:
Generally no, can't mix full cbe with a different axel back. If it were me and cost effency wasn't an issue and I wanted the most NA HP I would do:
Stillen G3 CAI
Z1 manifold
FI LTH
AAM 2.5Mid pipe
AAM Resonated Short Tails
Ecutek Tune
So, LTH....Has anyone here posted numbers on LTH vs TP+Z1 headers?
DreamyRelief is offline   Reply With Quote