View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
elhombre
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
elhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond repute

Did you remove the driveshaft and not mark its original place when you took it off?
Re-installing the driveshaft is its non native position will cause the shaft to be off balance and if it is off balance you will definitely get a vibration.

I had a similar issue with my cosmis MR-2's they would vibrate (from the rear) at around the same mph range as you. I switched back to my stock wheels and the issue disappeared.

I would definitely re-check the balance of the tires/wheels. The only way to really get a vibration that is speed sensitive is to have a rotating part hit its natural frequency and resonate.

It only took a few pot holes to throw my freshly balanced wheels out of balance.

Last edited by elhombre; 01-20-2017 at 07:41 AM.
elhombre is offline   Reply With Quote