View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #53 (permalink)
Cp9
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
Cp9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
I've never used an android tab, but assume developer mode is something you can set it to by default? Or do you need to do something to the OS to make that happen?

I'd be doing a parmanent install too and these android tablets are so cheap that makes it feasible. As long as it works with the DashCommand app, has Bluetooth, and will power on and off with the car that's all I need for me anyways. Not trying to replace my head unit or anything like that, I just want the additional gauges for monitoring.

And if this can be pieced together for a couple hundred bucks or less like it sounds like then il certainly give it a try.
You just go to setting and go to about tablet. Then clicked the build number repeatedly and then it will tell you, something like you have enable developer mode. And yeah i know, they've only gotten cheaper since I did mine. The one in the miata is a 1st gen nexus but I just got a 32gb second gen I for like 140. And the one in the miata runs, torque app which I believe is the same as dash command. And it runs it no problem. I'm actaully looking at hooking a megasquirt to the tablet when I go turbo later this year. I've seen it done before. And to do it in the miata was like 220 I belive I got the tablet for 50 and the radio for like 160. Mine is bluetooth to the radio. And the radio is in the glove box. But I've seen some complicated ones that run an amp and run the tablet by its self. Not my cup of tea

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Cp9 is offline   Reply With Quote