View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Silly Rabbit
Track Member

Drives: '12 PW Touring Sport
Silly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlWhite55 View Post
This makes total sense Duc - and why I had the question to begin with - I like the idea of a more aggressive sound - and a little extra kick on a freeway ramp or pushing through a turn out on a backroad - but, I'll likely never track.

I thought a couple hundred for install sounded right - and I was wondering about a tune - I know next to nothing about that...thanks again.
Have you considered the K&N typhoon kit? It will give you the added intake sound and a bump in power. Not as much as power as the Stillen G3. It is a very easy install, looks great under the hood. Stillen offers a similar kit in the G2. You should be able to find a typhoon kit for half the cost of a G3.

I had the K&N kit and was happy with it, but wanted the most performance and changed it out for the Nismo long tube intake. It's similar to the Stillen G3. For around town and some fun driving, there really isn't a notable performance difference. The long tube intake is actually quieter. The K&N has a pretty nice sound when you get on it. I also have the Borla, matched up with high flow cats and pretty happy with it.

Or just skip the intake kit and put K&N filters in the stock air boxes. You will get the performance improvement, but not the sound.
NISMO R Tune Intakes \ Fast Intentions RHFC \ Borla CBE \ EcuTek Tuned\ SPL Camber Arms \ Powertrix Coilovers \ Swift Springs \ Avant Garde \ Wicked CAS \ Morimoto XB Halos \ Custom Fenders \ Hotchkis Sways \ NLP Splitter
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote