View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 05:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
Cp9
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
Cp9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseZ View Post
I wonder if there is an Android tablet that will fit that, the trick would be if the buttons will fit as well, or if you could do without them. There must be a way. I'd prefer a Mini4 but it's 8" and obviously won't fit. I'm really only concerned about running DashCommand and Androids should automatically power on or at least can make it that way.

Looks like that bezel is $50 and Android tablets are easily found under $100 so pretty cheap to give it a try.

Dammit, now I've got another project to add to my never-ending list lol
If you have your developer setting enable you can in there that has an option to keep screen while charging that way when it gets power it will come on automatically. That's how I have mine. Also theres also Tasker which I use to cut it off. Cause I go days without driving my miata since i got the z. Theres also a mod that will boot the tablet if it's off,when it gets power. But you have to do that through recovery mode. Mine is a permanent install so that was a must. There was tone of info on xda developer. And on the miata forums. Sadly not many have been done for the z at least i havent seen many
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP370z View Post
https://goo.gl/images/8Cprp3 I think this is a nice idea.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Cp9 is offline   Reply With Quote