View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
husam2012
Track Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo
husam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
I like how the only thing you will need to add is pretty much everything =) I think getting the intercooler piping setup will be more challenging than you think.. Other than that, you are on target. Oil lines, water lines, etc are all pretty simple to setup.... you need to take some care though in protecting the surrounding components from the additional heat.

This is a great idea though... you could really lower the cost of going TT if you could source used turbos and manifolds that the GTR guys are casting off. Most of them are rich and probably won't care about how much they get in return anyway.

I look forward to following this! Hope you are able to go through with it. I would send you my OEM manifolds if I still had them.
Yeah, it's not as simple as it sounds but really, if you know how to do remove the engine, it's not as hard as it sounds.

I have done a couple of engine swaps before and my garage has almost every tool needed to do anything, except i don't have a hoist but i do have a floor crane!

As for the turbos and manifolds, it's the only reason i'm attempting this. You can easily source the turbos and manifolds used from GTR owners for under 1K, and OEM GTR parts go for cheap as everyone looking for more power swaps them out. The turbos are good for about 600WHP on e85 in the GTR application, and i'm not looking for more than 450-500 WHP at the very most.
husam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote