View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
DreamyRelief
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370z
DreamyRelief is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zthirty4NISMO View Post
The high horsepower builds are TT and the LTHs are not compatible with a TT kit. They can be used in conjunction with a SC setup, but they are typically not making as much power as the high TT builds. Lots of info out there on both setups.
I was referring to the high hp N/A builds. My bad, should have clarified that. Definitely not going forced induction as it's out of my budget.

Quote:
2011 Nismo#91 Loudness is more about the muffler, short tails will give the least restriction and with no muffler will be "loud". With a "loud" exhaust you won't hear any intake sounds. For power you can pretty much just get the Z1 400 hp kit with your choice of mid pipe, short tail, and tune. And if your feeling particularly bold an underdrive pully too but I wouldn't get one. Beyond that your getting into non normal mods with even bigger price tags.
Can short tails be put on a full cbe? Running FI cbe. As for the Z1 kit, well I already had planned on going Tomei TP, Z1 headers, Z1 modified manifolds, take it one step at a time. Hearing LTH could get higher numbers and better top end which I've never seen in any top N/A build just got me rethinking what I had initially planned.

Quote:
JARblue Search will serve you well on your quest. Add site:the370z.com to your search string in your favorite search engine, and you will probably have better success than the forum search function.

Yes, FI is not quite as loud as some other exhausts. But rather than replace your exhaust, consider HFCs or TPs which will release a lot more of the lovely VQ note you seek. Of course, rasp and/or drone are more likely possibilities depending on your particular configuration. Or as mentioned above, you can dump the exhaust muffler for short tails.

No intakes are known for their sound. But yes, most aftermarket intakes start to get noticeably louder with lots of throttle around 4K RPMs and up. Note that drop-in filters and post-MAF tubes have shown nearly the same gains as G3s. And once you start stacking mods, the hp return diminishes even further.

LTH are expensive. The install is fairly laborious. The gains are pretty minimal. Also add the cost for a tune. Most people just go forced induction - spending money to top out NA hp is not cost effective on this platform.
I guess I just the answer to my above question on short tails lol. Honestly the main reason I picked the G3's over the cheaper alternative was for looks, and the supposed "noise" but in a bang for your buck standpoint I agree. As far as topping out NA hp, I mean 10-15k compared to 5 or 6k is a big difference. I take it the VQ isn't mod friendly?
DreamyRelief is offline   Reply With Quote