Thread: FI vs NA
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM   #19 (permalink)
JoeyD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 NISMO 370Z
JoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyD has a reputation beyond repute

Bullitt. I'm very leary of TTing a car that I still owe on. It goes boom and then you are really stuck. I've done it twice Turbo IS300=transmission failure=HUGE loss; Upgraded Gt3076 Mazdaspeed6=toasted x-fer/front diff/trans=never should of bought a limited production test bed for the new SHO(IMHO). As for you paying cash, I didn't mean it literally, just trying to illustrate that people modding right now probably aren't dumping all their disposable income in to a car payment. As for "better" kits, better admittedly is subjective, but people will find different ways to do things and offer newer and newer technology. As a function of evolution the prices will come down. You can't tell me that a kit that controls VVEL won't be better than one that won't. Not that that kind of thing couldn't be easily retrofitted on your kit, but you see what i'm getting at. Speed does cost money, and I appreciate you and guys like you willing to pioneer. However, nothing changes how companies arrive at their price points. It's usually something to the effect of Parts+R&D/anticipated units sold+profit+margin for error=wholesale $ I'm not willing to pay for R&D while still conducting it myself.

And yes more power means more likely to crash it's the nature of the beast.