View Single Post
Old 01-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 1771 View Post
I don't know what your dealership uses, but the two I have dealt with both used Mobile 1. Although a great oil, the manufacturer recommends ester oil. Redline is ester, and like I said, I noticed an immediate difference. I can't get Redline by me, but I order it from Amazon. It's worth the trouble of ordering it. You may also want to consider changing your transmission and rear dif fluid. The factory fluid isn't great. A quality fluid in both can make a noticeable difference. I also use redline in both. Is your Z a manual or automatic?

I asked the same question to the service advisor in the dealer about ester oil, he told me they put ester oil on the new engine, and then mobil-1 from the 1st oil change.